This is from 2006 on immigrating.  True?
http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1067418.html

--- On Mon, 8/22/11, turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Letter in today's Ledger
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, August 22, 2011, 8:51 AM

      --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "fflmod" <fflmod@...> wrote:

> I shop at Trader Joe's every week. I have a friend who moved to

> Beverly, MA from Denver and said one of the many things his wife

> likes about the move is is she can shop at Trader Joe's again.

> There are eight Traders Joe's stores within 2 to 8 miles of me.

Although I enjoyed Trader Joe's when I lived in the US,

just to present a different view on the subject, these

days I can find a bigger and better selection of truly

International items, and at better prices, from my

neighborhood Albert Heijn supermarket (largest chain

in the Netherlands). One of the benefits of living in

a truly multinational country is that "international

foods" means "ordinary everyday foods, the things that

ordinary everyday people eat."

I can find more Indonesian, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican,

Spanish, French, Chilean, Pacific Islander and whatever

foods in my local market than I ever could at Trader Joe's.

Same with restaurants; even in the smallest towns there

is no ethic food you cannot find -- prepared perfectly,

and fairly affordable.

It's one of the joys of living here. In many ways it's

far more gastronomically international than Paris. And

the waiters here aren't rude. :-)