> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > true,
> > > real

> > > Has The Amazing Randy given the person demonstrating it the
> million
> > > dollar reward?
> >
> > You can answer the question, too, if you'd like, Lawson.
> > You didn't above.  What you *did* was declare a set of
> > objective "validations" of your own subjective experience.
> >
> > What I'm asking is whether, if you personally witnessed
> > levitation, with NO outside "validation" or objective
> > verification, you would trust your own subjective experience.
>
> Nope. I've been an eyewitness to the aftermath of a shooting. I
> had a
> conversation with the perp and looked him right  in the eye from a
> foot or so away and talked him into leaving the 7-11 before the
> police came (I didn't realize there had been a gun involved
> outsided so I wasn't nervous in the slightest --I guess he
> responded to that).
>
> I couldn't identify him when he was captured by the police.
>
> > I think that if you wouldn't, you're making a very sad
> > statement indeed, one that has rather profound implications
> > for whether you will realize your own enlightenment in this
> > life.
>
> Just familiar with a few of my limitations, sorry.
>

> I've also seen videos of street magicians mystifying passers by
> by "levitating" in front of them. Doug Henning figured out a way to
> make a restaurant appear to "levitate" from all angles outside and
> from the pov of people inside looking out.
>
> Why should I think that my perceptions are all that hot?

You are free, of course, to live your life any way
you want.  However, I might suggest to you that by
taking this stance you are setting yourself up to
never realize enlightenment.  Enlightenment (thus far)
is a *completely* subjective experience.  No one you
have access to on the planet can "verify" or "validate"
the experience for you.  So if/when it happens for you,
you've just said that you won't trust your own experience.
Talk about setting up a subtle level of intention to make
sure you never have to deal with the situation...