--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@...> wrote:

>> For my part, it is only because of Thomas Merton, Brother David
> Steindl-Rast, Fr. Basil Pennington and Abbott Thomas Keating that I even
> acknowledge that there is something still alive in Catholicism.

If of value, here is a reading list from Father Kevin Joyce. Kevin was on my
six-month course, a bright and shining guy, and at the end of the course, said
he had decided to take his vows as a priest.(No one, or few, knew that he was
pondering this during the course or that he was had been a priest in training.)
I saw him a few year later at a wedding, and he seemed very happy with his path.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/our-lady-of-guadalupe-society-holy-family-parish/fr-kevin-joyce-recommended-reading-list/121943883660