Thanks for the link to the book list. Some I've read,  some not.

I do have the first three volumes of Bernard McGinn's important
work: The Foundations of Mysticism.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" emptybill@ wrote:
> >
> >> For my part, it is only because of Thomas Merton, Brother David
> > Steindl-Rast, Fr. Basil Pennington and Abbott Thomas Keating that I
even
> > acknowledge that there is something still alive in Catholicism.
>
> If of value, here is a reading list from Father Kevin Joyce. Kevin was
on my six-month course, a bright and shining guy, and at the end of the
course, said he had decided to take his vows as a priest.(No one, or
few, knew that he was pondering this during the course or that he was
had been a priest in training.) I saw him a few year later at a wedding,
and he seemed very happy with his path.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/our-lady-of-guadalupe-society-holy-family-\
parish/fr-kevin-joyce-recommended-reading-list/121943883660