--- In [email protected], "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:
>
> I don't like it either, Curtis. I don't generally engage in such
> rank personal attacks. I agree it stinks up the place. Maybe if I
> were enlightened, I wouldn't have a hint of conscience about it. I
> would simply disown responsibility for my actions and claim, as
> Ravi does, "the existence made me do it." 

It looks to me like crazy wisdom has shifted from spiritually realized people 
behaving eccentrically to assholes acting out and justifying it as somehow 
being spiritual. Which is not to say that complete assholes can't have amazing 
realization. Adi Franklin Bubba Free Da John Jones Samraj could very well have 
been highly realized, but as a human being, he was very dysfunctional and acted 
out in ways that were highly inappropriate. 

I can see why many traditions of awakening get the samskara/vasana inner work 
out of the way before awakening, because once sole identity with the I/me story 
is broken, it is tempting to disregard the story as unimportant and let it act 
out messily. Also, for people with serious mental health issues, nondual 
awakening can make matters worse.

Reply via email to