You know Edg it is rare that I can find some topic that would lead me into a 
pro-censorish post.  What an opportunity for something "new" for my calcified 
brain.

>From a casual lurker perspective, I was tempted to weigh in for the Ravi Alex 
>gay bash video.  I felt the intention was off my scale of acceptable. Ravi may 
>have used his abrasiveness to bash someone for some higher purpose known only 
>to himself in the past,  but I sensed a shift toward using people as emotional 
>punching bags in a way I do not appreciate.  Alex handled it all with his 
>usual aplaumb (first time word use and it wont be the last baby!) so I figured 
>WTF, no reason to draw the inevitable unpleasant fire my way since I am not in 
>posting mode these days.  

But then the Raunchy tirade came out, and despite her obviously ample aplaumbs 
(Still working out some of the kinks on using this word...) and her ability to 
defend herself, it again caught my eye as over my personal line.  There was a 
different kind of demeaning harshness that I don't like.

I would not shed a Gandhian tear if Rick decided that this is not what FFL is 
about and liberated Ravi to find a forum that valued his level of "enlightened" 
FU wisdom with no limits.  (I put enlightened in quotes just to make sure that 
everyone knew that I revere his state as the true "enlightened" one that we 
should all respect as the toppermost of the poppermost in 
enlightenmentintudealistic splendor. I may be skeptical of many things 
concerning spirituality, but I am very, very confident that if there is a 
highest state of human development, this is what it would look and sound like.  
Really.  Seriously.  I mean it.  Oh hell, I tried to keep that together and now 
I have 1%, grass-fed, no antibiotics, milk all over my keyboard!)   

So there you have it.  I don't support any version of going after gay people 
for being gay with intent to demean, and I don't support a post, to women 
especially but for anyone really, that involves that style of repeated 
references to the one-eyed pirate crossing the reef of teeth only to walk the 
uvula plank to plunge into the bay of the deep throat with the intent I felt 
from that post. It had more of a prison sex vibe to me and turns FFL into the 
written equivalent of video chat roulette.Too much men's junk in your face.) 

Maybe just speaking up is all that is needed for a correction to be made and 
more drastic action is not needed.  But I am glad this line was drawn and 
support it.

It is likely that this position will draw a rash of "but so and so says worse 
things and you don't say anything."  I am afraid those responses will fall on 
deaf semi-lurking ears.  Sorry in advance for not caring about anyone else's 
line drawing preferences. If this post is seen as a version of hypocrisy when 
compared to other things I have said about free speech here, I will be more 
sympathetic since I am not sure how I feel about it all myself at this point.  
Work in progress. 

I believe in the freedom of using sexual material here in the form of 
celebrating that physical love between two consenting adults is one of the most 
beautiful, precious, wonderful, heart-healing, life-affirming, actual 
miracles...

that money can buy.






--- In [email protected], Duveyoung <no_reply@...> wrote:
>
> Yeah, let's everyone get on Ravi.
> 
> Let's all feel good about bashing someone for using swear words>
> 
> But oh god, ain't no one better be expecting Rick to threaten to toss out the 
> a war monger has been vilely defending his Texas racism here -  unlike Ravi, 
> that bastard is a truly EVIL FUCKWAD who calls for a no-rights-class of 
> citizenry for anyone who isn't a white male racist. 
> 
> And every person who reads these words knows about whom I am writing if 
> they've even read three days' worth of FFL posts.  
> 
> Edg
> 
> 
> --- In [email protected], "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:
> >
> > 
> > 
> > I agree with Seventh here. Obscene rants such as we have recently seen 
> > should simply be deleted by the moderator, without fuss. 
> > 
> > --- In [email protected], "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Look, I'm rushing here, but a couple things.
> > > IIRC,  Ravi at one point, once he realized Sal was a "she", and not a
> > > "he", said he felt he should show a little more decorum.  I realize I
> > > may get pegged as a sexist, but I'm just telling you what he said.
> > > So,  if someone is on record with saying something like that, and then
> > > goes into a profane tirade, against a female he feels insulted him, or
> > > his beloved,  then I call that being a hypocrite.  Of course Ravi has a
> > > long history of abiding by rules he holds as sacred one day, and then
> > > breaking them the next.  That's part of being enlightened, of course.
> > > Second, we are a public forum.  Even though in the past, I've said I'm
> > > not a prude, I guess I am a little.  And, blast me if you will Bob, but
> > > I'm thinking of some of the casual readers to FFL,  and I include my
> > > wife in this, (although I think it is rare that she might read it). 
> > > Yea, I might have felt a little embarrassed by Ravi's BJ tirade.
> > > But since I had voiced an objection earlier, and no one else chimed in,
> > > I assumed no one else had a problem with it.  And that was okay with me.
> > > 
> > > --- In [email protected], obbajeeba <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I have to agree with Bob and Ravi.
> > > >
> > > > I would think the film, "David Wants to Fly," is offensive to some. Do
> > > the posts get blocked for that?
> > > >
> > > > Or Mark Landau's having mentioned Maharishi's Sandals?
> > > >
> > > > Or the Indian jokes that appear funny to many, but are they Indian to
> > > speak about if they are funny or not?
> > > >
> > > > Polish jokes?
> > > >
> > > > What if a joke were Jewish orientated?
> > > >
> > > > Gay jokes?
> > > >
> > > > Saint jokes?
> > > >
> > > > Maharishi jokes?
> > > >
> > > > Turq's obsession with mammary glands?
> > > >
> > > > The cultural understanding of what Ravi refers to from learning
> > > English from his native tongue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooster
> > > > would be a bit more defined than slang on the streets in America.
> > > > Another word, Ravi may see a bit different than an American
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck
> > > >
> > > > What I am trying to say is Ravi most likely did not get put in the
> > > corner at an American public school from American public schooled
> > > parents and the shame and disgrace associated with the two wikipedia
> > > defined words are not in his realm of embarrassed understanding.
> > > >
> > > > There are many creative ways to jump on Ravi if one is offended by him
> > > and without the use of what he may refer to in words, where is the
> > > creativity to those who challenge him? Come on, he most likely has not
> > > followed years of Monty Python  of British humor and of course American
> > > born Terry Gilliam, to formulate a way to really piss off people without
> > > the use of a language he was not schooled in his upbringing to ignore.
> > > >
> > > > I think the only reason Ravi is being picked on, is he wins in
> > > argument, along with using the words defined by American culture  as
> > > vulgar, so the usual would be to attack from what one was slapped on the
> > > hands for saying as a child, the American culture shock terms.
> > > >
> > > > Here, Ravi, watch this film and learn the way to insult from a western
> > > level of intellect that insults no one
> > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc
> > > >
> > > > ps. I like Ravi's posts of Shiva Lingam!  We need to find one with a
> > > youtube puja.  Close the eyes for the sensitive. Better yet, if one is
> > > blind, we could let the proper experience to braille the touch?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --- In [email protected], Bob Price bobpriced@ wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDkoCtMOFOg&feature=related
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Ravi,
> > > > >
> > > > > Looks like you hit the hypocrisy jackpot; guess it was just a matter
> > > of time with such fertile fields, and a yogi that refuses to shoot
> > > blanks. Just wondering whether Rick was reminding us that FFL has
> > > standards, or, that he has standards---and, of course, we're playing at
> > > *his* house, and him and the rest of the liberals will totally miss the
> > > point tripping over themselves showing us how liberal they are. I have
> > > $1.59 that says this will be the post that the naked emperor (another
> > > liberal) decides is his road to reconstruction (not the one with a pick
> > > on his finger; the one with his finger stuck somewhere besides a dyke).
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ________________________________
> > > > > From: Rick Archer rick@
> > > > > To: [email protected]
> > > > > Sent: Monday, December 5, 2011 8:52:35 PM
> > > > > Subject: [FairfieldLife] Hey Ravi
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/message/297571
> > > > >
> > > > > Clean it up a bit or your outta here. I’m serious.
> > > > >  Â  Â
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>


Reply via email to