On Dec 8, 2011, at 3:42 AM, turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> But by far your most insightful comment, Vaj, was
> speculating as to whether this moodmaking technique
> does anything to create true spiritual balance in
> those practicing it. Are we likely to see them
> develop more compassion, or love, or a sense of
> equality with their fellow man as the result of
> staring at the LED Visible Man?

Well they could say that:

- staring at the LED man helps create world peace.
- staring at the LED man enlivens the unified field (Mr. Wizard, John Hagelin
appears from behind a curtain with a chart and a dizzying Powerpoint
presentation).
- and my favorite part: the scientific research on LED man (Fred Travis appear
from behind a curtain, carrying a chart and yet another dizzying PPT
presentation).

> I don't think so. I think the appeal is yet again
> to "We Are So Special Because We Know How Everything
> Works" elitism, and the underlying message is yet
> again, "You don't get to feel this special unless
> you're on our approved list of People Who Are As
> Worthy As We Are and we issue you a pass to let
> you into the room, as soon as you've paid us for
> the privilege."
>
> But YMMV. I, for one, look forward to more "testi-
> monials" from the TBs about this one. That should
> be amusing. My tummy feels better just anticipating
> the laughter. :-)

One could very well anticipate this heralds the end of something big - after
all this is a technique totally from someone's head. T'ain't nuttin' Vedic
about it, let alone spiritual. The transition from sullying these traditions
and selling it to gullible westerners has now become selling something only
very remotely Vedic (LED Purusha).