On Feb 22, 2012, at 12:45 PM, turquoiseb wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote:

> Cyberbullying would be another mischaracterization of Sal's
> behavior if you used it for her. The power differential in
> this case is flooding social interaction groups with negative
> material about someone.

Would calling someone "stupid Sal" 67 times over a
period of several years constitute "flooding?" How
about calling various people "dishonest" 664 times?
What's the exact *threshold* for "flooding" a social
interaction group with negative material about someone?
The scientist in me wants to know. :-)

I've noticed a repeated use of the "poisoning the well" fallacy as a favorite tactic. If one can discredit someone before they speak through lies, misinformation and strawmen, they can make it appear as if the person has some explaining to do, even when they do not. This form of dishonesty is actually a special use of the ad hominem fallacy utilizing dishonesty rather than an overt attack on the person.