--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > What I would like to know is what kind of life someone has
> > > that goes about actually counting the words used by other
> > > posters. Like figuring out that someone has been called
> > > "stupid Sal" (and often rightly so), 67 times over a
> > > period of several years !
> > >
> > > I've suggested this several times lately Turqo; you need to
> > > get out more !
> >
> > Maybe you need to stay in more, Nabby...long enough
> > to learn how to use a search engine. Did you know,
> > for example, that you've used the words "Space
> > Brothers" 90 times over the years? Took 2 seconds.
>
> Nice find, our Space Brothers are well worth mentioning :-)

Search engines are your friends. For example, you can
learn all sorts of things about people just from the
number of times certain words show up in their posts.

For example, if you picked an FFL poster at random,
with the idea in mind to determine what they were most
focused on or obsessed with, searching for various
words, terms, and names in their posts might reveal a
lot. Searching for terms you might associate with a TM-
oriented forum, you could find that such a person
mentioned "meditation" in 1400 posts, "enlightenment"
in 1010 posts, "world peace" in 154 posts, and
"compassion" in 262 posts.

So now if this same randomly-picked person had used, in
that same period of time, the words "Curtis" in 2271 posts,
"Vaj" in 2734 posts, "Sal" in 1847 posts, and "Barry"
in 4991 posts...uh...do you think you could draw any
inferences as to what this person might be most focused
on or obsessed with?