<snip>
> I have to comment on this because it's one of the
> most insane statements I've ever heard. The very
> *idea* that a couple of fanatical crackpots on a
> little-read Usenet forum could damage the career
> of a prize-winning journalist is ludicrous

I gave in to temptation:

"I think Skolnick is...one of the worst examples
of journalism and/or rational thought I have ever
encountered ANYWHERE! My point in replying to
some of his more ludicrous posts is simply to
point out the latter, NOT to defend TM.  ANY
journalist worth his salt could find legitimate
concerns in the TM movement, without needing to
resort to the exaggeration, insinuation,
misdirection, mistakes, paranoia, and outright
lying that seem to be Mr. Skolnick's trademark.
I would actually RESPECT a well-done, well-
researched critical study of the TM movement, but
find little or nothing to respect in Mr.
Skolnick's hatchet jobs."--Barry (posting as
"shoki"), alt.meditation.transcendental, April
1995