--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Patrick Gillam"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> shempmcgurk wrote:
> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity with New "Intelligent
Falling"
> > > Theory
> > >
> > > http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133&n=2
> >
> > Funny stuff.
> >
> > But I find it ironic that all of us here on this "TM" forum are
> > joining in the jibes.  After all, "creative intelligence" and
SCI was
> > virtually the same attempt at secularizing something spiritual
and
> > religious...and didn't we all participate in it?
>
> Sure enough. But at the time I bought the whole notion,
> as expressed by Larry Domash, that consciousness-as-a-
> source-of-creative-intelligence could indeed be studied
> scientifically. In fact, I still believe so.

And so do I!

But, of course, the SCI high school course presented pure
consciousness and the absolute as...absolutes!  You could replace
those two terms with the term "God" and it would have sounded like a
religious text book.

Keep it as science and, yes, it would be a great way to study
consciousness...but the TMO didn't keep it as science...they crossed
the line.

> The New Jersey SCI curriculum may have fallen short of
> that ideal, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

Agreed.