> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, iranitea <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Barry, thanks for your kind and well meaning advice. I think
> > you are right. I also enjoy, how you bring up spiritual topics
> > here, like the ego and the wish to debate and win.

Note that iranitea (in his previous incarnation as zarzari)
went to some trouble to explain to Barry why debating was
a valuable way to challenge and refine one's point of view.

 Who else
> > does it here? This is like a breeze of fresh air. And your
> > articles are readable, not like the slaughterhouse threads
> > she leaves.
> >
> > It was actually this unwholesome Ravi / Robin episode

Again, Robin was not involved in the Ravi episode.

 that
> > opened my eyes about her, and her lack of practical experience
> > with people and her lack of discrimination.
>
> That kinda blew my mind, too. How could anyone try to
> parse the things these guys wrote and NOT know that
> they were dealing with mental disorder.

Well, you actually would have to read their posts to
draw any conclusions. Barry repeatedly boasted that
he didn't read Robin's or Ravi's posts.

Robin's posts weren't always easy to read, but if you
actually made the effort, they were exceptionally
meaty and perceptive. Ravi also made some extremely
insightful posts. Both of them were far wittier and
more entertaining than Barry could ever hope to be.

> The only thing I can think is that they're so used to
> seeing that level of mental disorder around them in
> TM environments that they think it's normal.

The only "TM environment" I'm around is FFL. Same with
Emily. Both of us liked Ravi (when he wasn't being
abusive) and Robin. A number of the smartest posters
on FFL were big fans of Robin, including raunchy and
feste and Jim (although Barry would likely point out
that the first two live in Fairfield).

The reason Barry tries to put down Ravi and Robin is
that both of them saw through him. Some of Robin's
posts dissecting Barry were brilliant.

<snip>
> But your bottom line is true. She obsesses over my
> posts, reading every line of them, probably several
> times.

Nope, only once, sorry. They're not worth a second
reading.