 ---  iranitea <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
> For once the door opened for him I experienced a hurricane of energy surge
> through the door, and in his brown robes, his black-turbaned head, his white
> beard he stirred every molecule in the building and riveted the attention in
> a way that made everything else disappear. He was a flowing mass of light
> that penetrated into the consciousness of each person in the hall. He
> destroyed all images that one tried to hold before one in sizing him up. He
> was so dominant in his presence that I found myself organized in my
> sensations by that which took me far beyond my own concepts, my own way of
> processing experience. I had expected-no matter what the apparent stature of
> the man to find myself scrutinizing his face, exploring his motivation,
> wondering about his real nature. Khomeini's power, grace, and absolute
> domination destroyed all my modes of evaluation and I was left to simply
> experience the energy and feeling that radiated from his presence on the
> stage. A hurricane he was, yet immediately one could see there was a point of
> absolute stillness inside that hurricane; while fierce and commanding, he was
> yet serene and receptive. Something was immovable inside him, yet that
> immovability moved the whole country of Iran This was no ordinary human
> being; in fact even of all the so called saints I had met-the Dalai Lama,
> Buddhist monks, Hindu sages-none possessed quite the electrifying presence of
> Khomeini. For those who could see (and feel) there could be no question about
> his integrity, nor about the claim, however muted by people like Yazdi, by
> his people that he had gone beyond the normal (or abnormal) selfhood of the
> human being and had taken residence in something absolute. This absoluteness
> was declared in the air, it was declared in the movement of his body, it was
> declared in the motion of his hands, it was declared in the fire of his
> personality, it was declared in the stillness of his consciousness. There was
> no mystery about why he was so loved by millions of Iranians and Muslims
> throughout the world and he demonstrated, to this observer at least, the
> empirical foundation for the notion of higher states of consciousness. Yes,
> the severity, the humourlessness, the absolutist judgement was apparent; yet
> given the circumstances within which he was placed, there was the affirmation
> of appropriateness in his every gesture and aspect. This was the most
> extraordinary person I had seen."
>
> Now, now, I know it's long time ago, but who wouldn't immediately recognize
> the same elaborate, over-emotional, overcast writing style, he also exhibited
> here on FFL? That he changed his opinions, world-views a thousand times
> during his life, and probably even at the moment you are reading this now,
> doesn't do a damned thing, it just should raise even a few more red flags, if
> you know the details, you know what I mean?

I think Judy does have some problems judging people. She
really believes that he is experiencing some higher state of
consciousness.

There are many types of insanity.  Emotional insanity,
Cultural insanity, Spiritual insanity, Intellectual
insanity.

UC is too deep an experience to be a "deception" as Robin
claims.  I don't think Robin was ever in UC.

Xeno doesn't agree with me.  He thinks Robin's
Hyper-emotional ravings are truly intellectual.