--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, iranitea <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Barry, thanks for your kind and well meaning advice. I think
> you are right. I also enjoy, how you bring up spiritual topics
> here, like the ego and the wish to debate and win. Who else
> does it here? This is like a breeze of fresh air. And your
> articles are readable, not like the slaughterhouse threads
> she leaves.
>
> It was actually this unwholesome Ravi / Robin episode that
> opened my eyes about her, and her lack of practical experience
> with people and her lack of discrimination.

That kinda blew my mind, too. How could anyone try to
parse the things these guys wrote and NOT know that
they were dealing with mental disorder.

The only thing I can think is that they're so used to
seeing that level of mental disorder around them in
TM environments that they think it's normal.

> I still had given her some credit for being smart and logical,
> but all that goes down the swanny, once you are on the other
> end of the debate.
>
> For all those who keep saying that you are still secretly
> reading her posts, I will say, that if you do it or not is
> completely irrelevant, because she reads every word that you
> write.

True that. As I've said many times, I scan FFL first
in the website's "Message View," in which the first
few lines of each post are visible. Anyone who can't
tell what she or any other poster is obsessing on
from that glimpse is a retard. :-) Besides, I read
the full posts of people I respect, like you and a
number of others; if they're involved in a discussion
or argument with her, naturally I can't help but
seeing some of it.

But your bottom line is true. She obsesses over my
posts, reading every line of them, probably several
times.

> And it allows you to keep her at a save distance, to not
> engage with her in her slaughterhouse threads. I think
> that's just fair game. I enjoy how you do this with humor,
> and spice it up with satire.

Humor and the use of satire are even *more* important
when dealing with maliciousness, IMO.

> So I wish you good luck in Holland, with the moles in
> your garden, and even more luck with teaching meditation,
> I think it's a good idea to do it the way, you just
> described it. We are not so far apart. You mentioned that
> concentration and effortlessness go together well. That
> coincides with my own experience, were concentration
> comes about totally spontaneous.

I'm just tired of the old TM rhetoric that claims
that techniques of effortlessness are somehow "bad,"
and in opposition to techniques of concentration.
Even Guru Dev knew better. He seems to have taught
both.