Just kind of curious Barry.  Science as far as I know does not examine
the notion of breath, or  prana, and the different types of pranas.

And yet eastern literature discusses prana and the different types of
prana quite a bit, and often authoritatively.  Because science, or at
least western science has not considered this, would you consider what
has been said about prana to be "hooey"?

For me, I am not ready to let science yet be the final arbiter of
reality.  Certainly I have great faith in science.  But I'm also not
afraid of  trusting my own experiences, even if they run counter to the
science of the day.