--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@...>

lurkernomore20002000@ wrote:

> > Hey Share, como sa va?
> > I understand how you might be offended by Barry's comment.  I
> > mean out of context it appears far worse than it is, at least
> > IMO. But the crudeness of the comment does not seem to be the
> > issue, at least with Raunchy and Judy.  The issue is whether
> > or not it is a death threat.  And they are trying to make the
> > case that it is, and I'm afraid they have fallen short in that
> > regard.
>
> Steve, these last two sentences are bullshit. You are
> very, very far from understanding what's actually
> involved. You just decided to go along with what Curtis
> and Barry have said without questioning or examining it.
>
> You resist complexity, but reality is often quite
> complex, so you end up with a simple version that you
> find satisfying but that varies significantly from the
> actual reality. This one, the reality of this specific
> issue on FFL, is messy for many reasons.
>
> Some aspects of it are subtle, some are ambiguous,
> some involve outright dishonesty on Barry's and Curtis's
> part. Some are just pieces of data which, if they're
> missing, make it impossible to see how the various parts
> connect, so you end up with a highly distorted picture.
>
> The picture you've formed may be simple and
> comprehensible, but it isn't the reality.

Well, I must give you the benefit of the doubt.  I likely read posts too
fast, often do not go back for second reading where I may pick up some
subtleties,  (as you say), and I tend to go with the feeling level of a
post as opposed to looking at them more analytically.
On the other hand I have learned to trust my feelings and emotions about
things.  They have been pretty good guides for me.
So I apologize if I have missed some of the complexities around this
issue.
And thank you for what I take to be a very civil reply.