--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

ANN: I say this because I don't really sense that
your "rageful, reality-obfuscating dirty fighter" phrase as doing you the
justice it could if you were to dig a little deeper to find the one that is just
right. The one that fits your feelings right now but doesn't do you an
injustice.

M: Perhaps a review process is in order for Share. She could send you her
posts before posting them, and they could be evaluated for how much they do
justice to her.

I think there is more than a little Robin left in you Ann. (I hope that was
"just right".)

Oh yeah, and the doormouse thing is just totally condescending, there is no
other way to spin that.

Here was your intent tell:

"Here is the thing, dear Share,"

You kinda know what's coming after that.

RESPONSE: If any reader examines what Curtis has said here, there is a kind of
hidden a priori psychology. And what is that a priori? That somehow the force
and imperiousness of the personality of Curtis can be a substitute for any
contact with the truth of the matter.

Notice that Curtis perfectly deprives the impartial reader of any chance to
subject this difference of point of view to a fair hearing *independent of the
peremptory and despotic authority of Curtis*. Curtis takes on the entire burden
of the proof of his argument here--in the absence of any possibility of having
this matter adjudicated by a context within which Curtis himself exists. Curtis
annexes the context of truth through sheer dint of will and personality.

It is certainly a spectacular phenomenon to witness [Hold it, Curtis: I will
have no respect for you whatsover *if you use the very mechanism I am
describing here to evade facing the inevitability of my analysis*--So
STFU--unless you are prepared to address my argument on its own terms]: Curtis
lords it over everyone, and kills the possibility of a context which is opposed
to Curtis getting a hearing.

You see, Curtis is so scrupulously sensitive to the truth, that he knows how
important it is to keep that truth from undermining or refuting him. So he just
banishes it from existence and appropriates the context totally with the force
of his personality.

But of course all this is hidden from view. Look: There is some disagreement
between this person (whom Curtis is addressing here) and Curtis. But instead of
taking on the most generous and sincere motive which could lie behind the
comments this person has made to Share Long, Curtis would judge them out of
court categorically: as if to say: I have caught you in an utterly dishonest
and manipulative form of behaviour, and you had better just own up. You are
judged and sentenced; the execution awaits my discretion.

I wish those readers at FFL who seek some form of contact with reality, with
what is the case, will see that Curtis operates under a set of ruthless and
intolerant rules. His judgment does not suffer from some subjectively
experienced doubt when he makes his argument. But this is because he simply
eliminates all of the reality which existed inside the context where the issue
is being controverted, and substitutes his own context, which will not permit
any appeal to a truth which Curtis has determined is a moral and intellectual
inconvenience to him.

Curtis has a secret ex cathedra way of writing. One does not notice it; one is
influenced by the illusion that his confidence *must mean he is in contact with
the truth*; but as it happens, in disputation at least, Curtis's confidence and
authority is directly proportional to the truth which he is denying entrance
into the discussion.