movement has not taken more vigorous social action on this.  Like, back
in the Vietnam War days we closed interstates and threw bricks through
General Motors auto showrooms and smashed the glass out of entire lots
of new cars to end the war and bring our brothers home.

> > > Yep, the old way was tilting at windmills but I'd be in favor of a
sabre charge at railway workers and their locomotives now who haul the
coal to the coal-fired utility electric generators.  They are the
problem along with non-meditation and non-meditators.

> > Just ending the train horns blown as the trains pass through
Fairfield sounds positively effeminate compared to sitting down in front
of trains or derailing them to stop the endless flow of coal through
town that powers our destruction.  Yep, coal-train railway workers and
locomotives are all our enemy now.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gas+powered+chop+saw&hl=en&tbo=u&biw=136\
6&bih=635&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=YFy9UO2lIKfi2gXCr4Bw&sqi=2&ved=0C\
E4Qsxg

community," said Corinne Le Quere, director of the Tyndall Centre for
Climate Change Research at the University of East Anglia.

> Yep, and what on earth are they teaching in the sustainable living
programs around the country?  Any teaching of the history of direct
action?    Is there even a SDS movement anymore?  Teach-ins on how to
lobby change with sit-ins?  Any seminars or hands-on workshops yet at
the college level on how to derail coal trains?  When is the indolent
youth going to wake up and demand that we all make the Earth First! ?

too high on our current emissions trajectory," Prof Le Quere said.

  [Train derailed]
The rusting remains of a train derailed using Garland's explosive
techniquesContinue reading the main story
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20594835#story_continues_1> Related
Stories
    * Lawrence of Arabia letter found
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lincolnshire/8696015.stm>
    * Lawrence of Arabia 'finest epic'
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3645937.stm>

The overlooked scientist whose expertise helped Lawrence of Arabia's
desert campaign during World War I is going to be remembered in a bid to
rewrite the Lawrence movie legend.

The chemist Herbert Garland used his scientific knowledge to teach
Thomas Lawrence how to blow up railway lines.

The Royal Society of Chemistry wants the behind-the-line heroism of the
scientist to be remembered.

The Lawrence of Arabia movie is marking its 50th anniversary next week.

The military and political achievements of Thomas Lawrence - remembered
as TE Lawrence or Lawrence of Arabia - were depicted in David Lean's
iconic movie, first screened on 10 December 1962.
Moving trainsBut the Royal Society of Chemistry says there was a key
element missing from the plot - the role of scientist Herbert Garland,
who helped to develop techniques for blowing up rail lines to disrupt
enemy troop movements and supplies.

(WMO) reported that greenhouse gases in the atmosphere hit a new record
high in 2011.

35.6bn tonnes, a 2.6% increase from 2011 and 58% above 1990 levels.

organisation said that carbon dioxide levels reached 391 parts per
million in 2011.

for 85% of the "radiative forcing" that led to global temperature rises.

recorded new highs, according to the WMO report.

the destruction of the global climate. Well you know a positive
scientific case could be made that spiritual people who are regular
meditators and especially meditating on the Invincible American course
are much less responsible for global climate change than the average
non-meditating American or any other first world or developing nation
peoples.  Simply on a materialistic level of gross consumption, that
anyone who is on the full schedule of meditation in the Domes
contributing to world peace otherwise in fact creates much less carbon
damage to the atmosphere and global climate than the average CO2
emitting consuming American.  At a minimum, people on the Invincible
America course simply do not have the time to consume materially like
non-meditaters do.

is, 'non-meditation'.  Even just stopping and taking a quiet time
meditation twice a day would be good for the global climate.  In prudent
public policy taking quiet time meditation breaks at least twice a day
should probably be required for everyone's well-being and safety.