--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@> wrote:
> ยจ
> > I feel really grateful for TM and all my time in it, and I was lucky enough
> > to manage grad school and a career a bit later.  But I still get why some
> > might feel that taking a large chunk of time out of the mainstream might
> > have left a mark - that they never caught up.  Especially if they are
> > disappointed about the results of TM itself. Then they lost on both counts.
>

> Good story.
> Regarding those disaappointed souls, in my experience with being in these
> settings for 40 years, they have all one thing in common; they never liked
> sadhana in the first place. Too restless to really LIKE or even be able to
> sit.

That was not my experience at all.  In fact, I saw many overly devoted folks,
who adored sitting still, feel most angry when they decided the TMO was not for
them. I admired their honesty.   Personally, I was devoted but did not buy into
all the things 100%.  I kept my own sense of right and wrong because of the way
I was built, I guess. I felt less loyal and committed, but knew I could never
give up my own values. I spoke up a bit, but then got sucked into making a
living and all the TMO stuff seemed far away.That made it easier to stay in,
but is, I feel, less honest.  Just a different role to play.

> And now hey are bitter ? For what, because their restless nature has been
> cruel to them ? In my experiene, the vast majority of these are simply
> spiritually lazy.

They saw and heard stuff they felt was dishonest or not true to their vision of
what they were doing with their lives.