--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@...  wrote:

> Barry.(and me too).lol.
>
> I have a theory back from 1981-ish when I did my last staff stint with The
> Movement. I had a good friend, Jack, who mentioned something, after the last
> bout of arrogance and power-tripping we were exposed to by A Governor Of The
> A Of E And Don't You Forget It, aka TM Teacher. Jack turned to me and said,
> "Someone must be telling these guys something [that makes them feel this
> way]."
>
> We were fortunate, that although the construction and farming project had a
> lot of Governors, aka fundamentalist overlords (though there were one or two
> decent ones), we were doing hard physical work that kept us grounded, and
> aware of the hypocrisy.
>
> So, my theory is that some of these Governors having been taught repeatedly
> that they were a special cadre, literally saving the world, left the Movement
> with big heads, and either glommed onto other authority figures, or became
> teachers of others, themselves.
>
> This is apparently still an issue for some, after so many years, either
> feeling as some do, that their true position above others continues to go
> unrecognized (name, here, starts with a T and ends with a B), or continuing
> to struggle against that once lofty position.
>
> T...B commented that one of the posters here was a bigot, because he followed
> a bigot, T...B not recognizing that he went a lot further in his allegiance
> to the so-called bigot, becoming a Teacher of his, than the person he
> criticized. More examples abound.
>
> So, I ask myself - what makes someone willfully blind? Obviously having been
> told wondrous and powerful things about oneself is very intoxicating. The ego
> revels at such an opportunity to make this the core of the mind's life story.
> This is the trap for the Teachers of TM who chose to leave the teaching, but
> retained all the wonderful and inspiring things said about them.
>
> Glad I was always washing dishes, or planting strawberries...:-)

Not to mention "chopping wood" :-)

Anyway, I'm convinced Maharishi HAD to build up all those scarred hippies in
some way or the other in order to make them do anything at all. One being
lifting them up telling them how great and important they were.
Some younger souls simply got their egos so puffed up they never really landed.
This happened to quite a lot of Governors but not I to the majority, who looked
through this strategy from Maharishi to uplift the weakest amongst us and
somehow understood what he was saying; now it's time to do some serious work !

Nablusoss
Fundamentalist Overlord