Oops.
I miscalculated my prior post a little, so now I try to correct it...

The fifteen problems of life, which you refer to (I haven't recently read them,
but I will assume their existence for the point of discussion's sake on their
own merit), all partake of the relative values of the three gunas. I don't even
have to refer to the imperfection, or proneness to error, which the five
mahabhutas might tend toward, since the influence of the three gunas' tendency
towards error is powerful enough to consider on their own lack of merit.
Namely, the gunas are merely concerned with their narrowness of vision with
regard to time. They don't bother looking at the whole. Their only concern is
with the phases of time, namely: starting something -- as is the case with
sattwa: in all purity something is begun; and rajas, mobilizing beginnings to
keep on going; and tamas, with putting a stop to something. If sattwa doesn't
like how tamas or rajas is conducting their business, then sattwa will always
find fault with either of the two other gunas saying to itself: "How fruitless
are their endeavors; I can't wait on the other two any more; let's start
something already and not bother with maintaining or ending anything any more."
Likewise, rajas will find fault by assuming that starting something is not good
enough; it has to be maintained to be worthwhile. And tamas will also find
fault by becoming bored with the whole mess and want to put an end to it all!

But the Absolute is the sole undifferentiated state of being absolute, so no
quality of fault, or non-fault, can be ascribed to it. Thus, it can not combine
with any of the five mahabhutas to contribute five more types of problems to
the whole mix.

Neither can the gap contribute any problems by combining with the five
mahabhutas since it is also blameless. It's sole endeavor is to act as a
transition for both the Absolute and the relative hoping that the relative will
transcend and get to the Absolute supreme status of life, and also the gap will
endeavor to bring the Absolute out of itself to fulfill the aspirations of the
relative with the glory of the Absolute's Surpreme Nature.

So, only the three phases of the wholeness of life, the three partialities of
the cycles of living, the three gunas, can contribute to there being any
problems in life, for life is essentially wholeness lived through cycles of
partiality which start their relative existence, maintain it for a while, and
then cease to exist as a relative experience. Any presumption which places the
three gunas, or anything else which they could combine with, as anything more
than a mere partial degree of importance with respect to the wholeness of
completion found only in the unmanifest, is a false presumption leading toward
suffering, ignorance and bondage. And anything which they could combine with
(such as the five mahabhutas) is merely to make life more complicatedly
interesting and mysterious -- but not necessarily any better at fulfilling our
desires; just varying them here and there.

So, here's my correction...

The gap IS a field of differentiation, unlike the Absolute next door. The gap
has the capacity of distinguishing between the flow of life in the direction of
either: transcending or manifesting. But the gap can't be faulted (unlike the
three gunas), because it always seeks an interaction between the Absolute and
the relative in some direction or the other. Thus, as far as the gap is
concerned, wholeness must never be left out of experience, whether that
experience leads to wholeness or merely more experience of a relative type.
Leaving wholeness out of any experience would be fatal to Dharma and we would
lose our memory/smriti -- the fulfillment of our desire through lack of
wholeness (Dharma often being defined within the TM movement as "support of the
Almighty power of Nature").