 From: John <jr_...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:22 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: There was Time Before the Big Bang But With No
Space

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > Share,
> >
> > The physicist is making a bold statement there and she knows it.  She's
> > asking for a strong backlash when she said time existed even before the Big
> > Bang.  I can see the following questions coming up:  Is Time the essence of
> > God or vice-versa?  Is there time in heaven or the unified field?  Is there
> > a prime mover or the cause of Time?  What proof does she have to make such
> > statements?
> >
> > JR
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> > >
> > > hey John I very much enjoyed this.  Being a word person, was amazed to
> > > learn that the word time is the noun that occurs most frequently.  Also
> > > her point about atomic clocks off earth running slower helped me
> > > understand the role of gravity in relation to time.
> > >
> > > I wonder if there can be time if there is no one to perceive its
> > > passage.  Kind of like, if a tree falls in a forest empty of people,
> > > does it make a sound.  To that I say yes.  Because of the physical
> > > properties of trees and ground and sound waves.
>
> Although a falling object creates waves of energy that when they hit the ear
> drum produce something we call "sound" I would have to say that if there are
> no eardrums to receive the sound waves there is, in fact not sound. There is
> only the potential for sound if there is the instrument (an ear drum) present
> to have those waves impact it. There has to be a recipient in this case who
> has the tools to transform waves into what he know as sound. (I think I just
> repeated myself about three time. Does that mean there is an echo in here?)

Ann,

If a tree fell in an earth-like exoplanet without any humans or humanoids,
would it make a sound?

IMO, the answer is yes because consciousness is everywhere in the universe,
even in a piece of rock.  Also, the laws of physics must be preserved so a
sound of a falling tree will be produced even without humans or humanoids in
the exoplanet.

JR