<snip>
> And if I posted her a.m.t. quote:
>
> > ...goodness only knows what Barry's been
> > telling them about me.  Given the fact that Barry
> > lies *constantly* about me in public--including on
> > FFL--the likelihood of his refraining from doing
> > so in private is just about nil.
>
> she'd find some way to say that it *wasn't* really a
> claim that I was bad-mouthing her in private email to
> FFL members.  Judy just doesn't RECOGNIZE that she says
> such things.

OK, toots, you asked for it.

Here's what I was responding to from Barry:

"My *opinion* of what she's been doing lately
on FFL is that she is very *much* defending
her inalienable right to remain unenlightened.
Several people there, who have an off-board
conversation going on another subject entirely,
agree with this perception of her 100%."

Note that "private email" badmouthing me being
exchanged among FFL members was a claim *Barry*
made, not me.

Notice also that these FFLers are said to *agree
with Barry* 100%.  So the idea that Barry was
among those badmouthing me privately was one *also*
introduced by Barry, not by me.

All I did was wonder, in light of Barry's
revelation about his little group badmouthing
me in private, was what *else* he was telling
them about me, given his propensity to lie
about me in public.  When the person you're
talking about isn't present to contest a lie,
there's no inhibition whatsoever about making
up the tallest tales you can think of.

Let's look again at Barry's original lie:

"On a.m.t., Judy is on record as believing that
I write all of you in private email to say bad
things about her and make you think bad things
about her."

In fact, I "believed" Barry was saying bad things
in private about me *because he had just said that
was what he was doing*.

Oh, and notice the phrase "all of you" in the
original lie.  That has been delicately left out
of his paraphrase above.

Experienced, chronic liars like Barry tend to make
use of fractional truths to deliberately convey an
impression contrary to fact, and then complain that
those who unravel the carefully spun tissue of
untruths surrounding a minuscule bit of fact are
just "nitpicking."

Ironically, one Andrew Skolnick, the author of
the disgracefully untruthful article about TM in
the Journal of the American Medical Association,
who spent quite some time on alt.m.t awhile back
trying to spread still more untruths about TM,
used a very similar tactic.

He had missed some posts from me, so I re-sent
them to him privately, using a rude word in the
subject heading.  Andrew proceeded to make a post
to alt.m.t in which he claimed I had been sending
him "obscene email."

Technically not entirely false--if you consider
the term "scumbag" obscene--but designed to convey
an impression distinctly contrary to fact in the
absence of the necessary context, just as Barry
has attempted to do.

Except that Barry seems to have forgotten our
exchange is on the public record, so the context
is easily documented.