> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:

> > > I'll assume you're just joking here.
> > >
> > >   Anyway, in case it was to me, here's my reply:

> > > Your self-report is duly noted. Whether it's accurate
> > > is another question. Let's just say you give every
> > > appearance of being easily swayed by those who purport
> > > to support you.

> > > Yes, as I believe I said, some of us may give you a hard
> > > time now and then. I said you could trust us, not that we
> > > all thought you were a swell person (nor that we felt *we*
> > > could trust *you*, for that matter).

> > > By all means, shut out anything anyone says about you
> > > that's negative and dismiss it as "prejudiced." (You
> > > might want to consult a good dictionary for the meaning
> > > of that term, BTW. I do not think it means what you
> > > think it means.)

> > > Interesting that you believe you can "change and grow" in
> > > your "ability to experience and express truth" while
> > > dismissing without consideration anything negative about
> > > yourself as "prejudice."
> > >
> > > Remember what I told you about being accountable for your
> > > behavior to the FFL community.
> >
> > You are sounding like a pompous, finger-wagging ass, authfriend.
>
> (Says feste pompously, wagging his finger. Gee, and just
> yesterday I had melted down and was reduced to sputtering
> Yiddish insults. Pretty quick recovery, wouldn't you say?)

Indeed, an excellent recovery. Back to your normal self in no time. The thing
is authfriend, I actually like you, but it makes me mad when you lay into Share
the way you do. It seems unfair and disrespectful. Share enjoys FFL, and most
people here appreciate her, so I wish you could stretch yourself and be a
little bit nicer to her. Why should that be so hard? The incident that seems to
bug you most took place so long ago, why not just forget it, let it go?

You talk all the time about honesty and truth, but such things are not always
as black and white as you would like us to believe. Our opinions about all
kinds of things can change as we reflect on them and consider them. A person
can react in a certain way at the time to some incident involving someone else,
but later (days, weeks, even months), the incident might seem rather different
to them than it did at first. So they start to recontextualize it, to think of
it in a different light. This happens all the time in relationships. It doesn't
mean the person is being dishonest. Indeed, sometimes it means that they are in
fact being very honest -- to their changing feelings and understandings about
what took place.

Share has tried in her own way to make it right with you, so why not take a
step or two toward her?