So glad you weighed in for more understanding no doubt, Judy.

> Hmm, as much as Curtis asserts that his goal is "to be
> understood by other people here," it doesn't seem that
> he is willing to respond to the question Emily asked
> him: Why did he make a point of calling her attention
> to a verse about gang rape? Instead he just wipes out
> her context as if it had never existed.

The consensus of the discussion that it brought out was that like my GF, some
here thought it was not a rape but a woman in her power blowing off her husband
and living it up in a hedonistic fantasy.  I believe that the author's intent
was to show a man's powerlessness in the face of a woman owning her personal
power over men.  It continues to be a popular song in my repertoire, as it was
tonight, because it makes people think.  I brought it to her attention because
it makes people think.  Is that clear enough?  No?

Ok how is this: the song was written by people not on this forum,  and concerns
the lives of other people than exist in this time and place on this discussion
forum  Emily was the one who found the lyrics and posted them, and I pointed
out the most thought provoking verse as I do when I am performing the song in
my shows.  I want people to think about this verse because it is complex and I
missed its meaning at first.  Emily at the time was sharing an artist who also
is not afraid of expressing figurative language based interesting lyrics.

I did not send the lyrics to Emily, I corrected the ones I thought were wrong
and directed her attention to something interesting to me and every audience I
have performed it for.

> Obviously she found it disturbing. Why wouldn't he
> respond--unless that's what he wanted, for her to be
> disturbed?>

She looked up the lyrics.  I pointed out the verse that was the most
controversial in meaning to promote the thoughtful discussion of the intention
of the writer.  At the time it worked but apparently in retrospect she has
taken my whole intention in a different direction than intended.

Sorry Judy, no drama here.

> Man, there are very creepy things going on on this
> forum lately.>

Your malicious intentions are at the heart of them.  You are a constant source
of ill will and misunderstanding here.

You are a troll and the intentions of this post are unfriendly.