 From: salyavin808 <fintlewoodle...@mail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:34 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: SELF-HYPNOTIZE: Channel, End Negativity, Feel
Good, Achieve Goals  Dr. Shelley S

> Salyavin, I like that God is our vanity.  OTOH, I automatically revolt when
> you say that a bad idea is one that raises more questions than it answers.
> Is this a bias of science?  And why should Universe be getting less complex?

Not so much a bias as simply the cleverest way to think about things.
Sure, there *may* be an invisible goblin firing invisible arrows at
apples to pull them out of trees but maybe it's easier to think of
some physical property common to all things. One answers the question,
and a whole lot more, the other just raises further difficulties that
need further theories all more elaborate than necessary.

Which you may think a bit patronising but it's what the mystical
consciousness gang want you to believe. Namely that where we
understand the universe to be getting less complex [but harder to
explain] all of a sudden this god thing pops up organising things.

We are complex structures, the cells that make up our body are too,
but rather less so. The molecules that make those up are simpler and
the atoms are ludicrously simple and subatomic particles are almost
nothing at all. So why invent a god where one isn't needed? Or rather, why push
our once awesome creator god back to the realms of tiny whirly bits? This is
what I mean by using god as an explanation when we don't understand something.
I feel sorry for the guy.

> For some reason this makes me think of something Richard said a while ago,
> that all religions came from ancient people having unusual experiences with
> hallucinogens, etc.  So maybe Igor the ancient drug user did see a guy over
> there with a long white beard!

I saw lots of gods when I was on mushrooms once, mostly giant Greek
and Roman statue types but moving with a wonderful majestic slowness against
the summer sky. So it's no surprise to me that religions got started because of
hallucinogens. Especially considering some of the potent nasties that grow in
the middle east! Ezeckial probably had a
yoghurt made from prickly pear fruit one day. That's supposed to be
a three day trip of terrifying intensity. Probably accounts for most
of the weird shit in the old testament!