--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> [...]
> > > Though I think ancient rishis experienced it and wrote
> > > about it.
> >
> > Experienced what and wrote about what? Everybody with a
> > functioning mind experiences qualia, and loads of people,
> > philosophers and scientists, have written about them.
> >

> Does someone in PC experience qualia?
>
> It's a tricky question to ask, letalone answer.

Nope? According to maaNDukya, the Fourth (caturtham) is:

adR^iShTamavyavahAryamagrAhyamalakShaNaM
achintyamavyapadeshyamekAtmapratyayasAraM prapa~nchopashamaM
shAntaM shivamadvaitaM chaturthaM manyante sa AtmA sa vij~neyaH ..
7..

"Simplified":

adRSTam-avyavahAryam-agrAhyam-alakSaNaM
acintyam-avyapadeshyam-ekAtma-pratyayasAraM prapañcopashamaM
shAntaM shivam advaitaM caturthaM manyante sa AtmA sa vijñeyaH ..
7..

adRSTa  a. unseen, invisible, unforeseen, unexpected; [[&]] unprecedented,
unlawful; n. the invisible power, fate, destiny.

avyavahArya     mfn. not to be practised Ma1n2d2Up. Ra1matUp. ; not to be
discussed in law , unactionable L.

agrAhya mfn. not to be conceived or perceived or obtained or admitted or
trusted , to be rejected.

alakSaNa        n. ( %{lakS}) , a bad , inauspicious sign Mn. iv , 156 ;
(%{a-lakSaNa4}) >>> mf(%{A})n. having no signs or marks , without
characteristic S3Br. Ka1tyS3r. Mn. i , 5 , having no good marks , inauspicious
, unfurtunate Ragh. xiv

acintya mfn. inconceivable , surpassing thought MaitrS. &c. ; m. N. of S3iva.

avyapadezya     mfn. not to be defined Ma1n2d2Up. Ra1matUp.