--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "drpsutphen" <drpsutphen@...> wrote:
[...]
> As a side note, I actually find buddhist terms to offer a better conceptual
> tool set when discussing enlightenment than the vedic/hindu terms. They are,
> in my experience, more precise and capture subtleties that the vedic/hindu
> terms miss.

The Buddhist terms are associated with techniques that suppress the activity of
the parts of the brain associated with "sense of self."

TM doesn't do that.

I'm wondering: you still practicing standard TM, os something learned from
someone else...
And remember: TM exists as it does because of HOW it is taught, not the words
used to describe it.

Samatha techniques are often described as "effortless concentration," but their
long-term practice leads to increases in gamma EEG and decreases in alpha EEG,
both during and outside of meditation. This is the exact opposite of the
long-term effect of TM.