--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.ravi@...> wrote:

> OK - a few consolidated points on Jyotish here.
>
> MJ, Ann et al.
>
> Astrology is just a tool which gives a very useful insight into oneself. It
> is not meant to be fatalistic, you don't have to believe in it if you don't
> have to, even if you do use it you don't use it to dictate your life - I
> certainly love astrology but I do not use it to dictate my life choices,
> morals, beliefs and/or my daily life. However  John's post's  and his
> recommendations of various astrologers, Hindu philosophy is a proof how
> much astrology gets tainted by astrologer's personal beliefs, myths,
> metaphors take as reality.
>
> John,
>
> Sanjay is a very good astrologer and he is perfect example of what I am
> talking above. His astrology is thoroughly corrupted, tainted by his
> garbage. His philosophy, beliefs are idiotic, representative of Hindu
> conservative, narrow-minded beliefs, taking Hindu symbolism, metaphors and
> myths into a literal version of truth and as a way of some supreme truth.
> Sanjay is a personally reprehensible, retarded, disgusting person and I, in
> 2010 personally joined his Jyotish list and insulted him thoroughly. Of all
> the astrologers you quote PVR is the best though, he is at least logical,
> consistent, has common sense but he is too conservative and traditional for
> my liking and espouses the kind of Hindu philosophy that is alien to my
> values (He is a Telugu Brahmin like myself).

Ravi,

Sanjay Rath is one of my jyotish teachers.  He is not the only one.  But he
represents a very conservative and orthodox method of reading the charts based
on his traditional background.  I too don't like some of the fatalistic
undertones of his ideas.

IMO, his tradition requires him to do this in order to pass on the concepts
being presented for posterity.  However, I favor a more holistic interpretation
of the jyotish principles in the texts.  That is, a human being has the free
will to make a choice in determining his destiny.  The chart is more of the
model of the various probabilities and permutations of choices that a human
life has to take in order to live a good life.

JR

JR