--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <richard@...> wrote:

> Share Long:
> > Judy why do you think it's not useful to try
> > to make any connections or draw parallels
> > between the "hard problem" approach to
> > consciousness and any Eastern system?
> >
> Share: If you find Judy's discussion lacking,
> Ken Wilber has provided a synthesis of virtually
> all psychological theories and spiritual
> perspectives in this short introduction to his
> spectrum of consciousness.
>
> 'No Boundary: Eastern and Western Approaches to Personal Growth'
> by Ken Wilber
> Shamhala, 1979

Much better she read this:

http://www.imprint.co.uk/Wilber.htm

Written in 1997, it represents almost two decades of
Wilber's thinking after "No Boundary" and actually
mentions the "hard problem" (Chalmers didn't even
introduce the term until the early '90s). And Wilber's
had another 16 years since then to develop his theories.

If nothing else, Share will see why I was discouraging
her from attempting to make her own synthesis when she
doesn't even understand the nature of the "hard problem"
(and won't until she deals with it on its own terms
rather than trying to "explain" it via Maharishi's
teaching).