Quite interesting.  I know others will say why even bother with
something over thirty years old, but some of this (beginning on page
289) directly contradicts many of Robin's avowed claims.  Sad really.

Judy always trots out the article of faith that Maharishi secretly
supported Robin.  Sort of blows that up, doesn't it?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb wrote:

> I pass along here something sent to me by a lurker who preferred to
have
> someone else post it so as not to become a target for the "Robin
> supporters." It is an excerpt from a book called "Sacred Schisms: How
> Religions Divide," edited by James R. Lewis and Sarah M. Lewis.
>
> I cannot confess to having done all my Steinian Due Diligence on the
> editors, but a quick glance at their other works seems to indicate
that
> they are scholars with an interest in religions, as opposed to someone
> with an axe to grind. I pass it along because it seems to be something
> we don't get much of around here, a view of the whole Robin phenomenon
> presented without emotion or allegiance to one "side" of the story or
> another. It seems to present some contradictions to claims here about
> how much Robin continued to "revere" Maharishi and his teachings
during
> his 15 minutes of fame.
>
> The Amazon link to their book is the first link below, and a Google
> Reader "Look Inside This Book" is provided at the second (and third)
> links. Google Reader does not seem to allow cut-and-paste, so I cannot
> duplicate it here. The link pointed for me to page 292, but the
> information about Robin and his relationship with Maharishi starts at
> the bottom of page 289. It is missing page 294 for some reason.

http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Schisms-How-Religions-Divide/dp/0521881471

http://books.google.com/books?id=2ama0nYRlB8C&pg=PA292&lpg=PA292&dq=%22R\
\

obin+Carlsen%22&source=bl&ots=T2I4atqqNl&sig=eRRuklROm7gPtmTdS7FEHPvCU8M\
\

&hl=en&sa=X&ei=GODTUc2-B9P20gXaioDIAw&ved=0CGUQ6AEwCDge#v=onepage&q=%22R\
\