 From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:56 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Interesting third party view of the Robin thang

I pass along here something sent to me by a lurker who preferred to have
someone else post it so as not to become a target for the "Robin supporters."
It is an excerpt from a book called "Sacred Schisms: How Religions Divide,"
edited by James R. Lewis and Sarah M. Lewis.

I cannot confess to having done all my Steinian Due Diligence on the editors,
but a quick glance at their other works seems to indicate that they are
scholars with an interest in religions, as opposed to someone with an axe to
grind. I pass it along because it seems to be something we don't get much of
around here, a view of the whole Robin phenomenon presented without emotion or
allegiance to one "side" of the story or another. It seems to present some
contradictions to claims here about how much Robin continued to "revere"
Maharishi and his teachings during his 15 minutes of fame.

The Amazon link to their book is the first link below, and a Google Reader
"Look Inside This Book" is provided at the second (and third) links. Google
Reader does not seem to allow cut-and-paste, so I cannot duplicate it here. The
link pointed for me to page 292, but the information about Robin and his
relationship with Maharishi starts at the bottom of page 289. It is missing
page 294 for some reason.

http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Schisms-How-Religions-Divide/dp/0521881471

http://books.google.com/books?id=2ama0nYRlB8C&pg=PA292&lpg=PA292&dq=%22Robin+Carlsen%22&source=bl&ots=T2I4atqqNl&sig=eRRuklROm7gPtmTdS7FEHPvCU8M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=GODTUc2-B9P20gXaioDIAw&ved=0CGUQ6AEwCDge#v=onepage&q=%22Robin%20Carlsen%22&f=false

http://tinyurl.com/nwpvnuc