--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Sorry, no street cred for you, little guy. Any student of human nature knows
> that you cannot first shit all over someone, as you have Robin, and then trot
> out some third party excerpt, trying to show your objectivity.
>
> Who does that?? Only an idiot would operate that way, or someone so bent on
> denigrating someone, that they fail to see their own transparency (in other
> words, an idiot).
>
> Personally, I rate your post, "CI", for Completely Impotent.

I found that academic tome interesting. As one who experienced turquoiseb on
coming on this forum, I re-post below his comments to Robin after Robin came on
FFL:

 "I'm also not the kinda person who is going to assume that
 what you say about your experiences or your purported
 state of consciousness -- past or present -- is true, just
 because you say it. Some people are. Given your reaction --
 some would say overreaction -- to people not treating your
 words the way you wanted them to, you might be happier
 trying your spiel on easier audiences."

 "I don't give a shit about your experiences decades ago in
 Fairfield. If you have any interest for me at all, it will
 be based on who and what you are today, here and now. And
 it will be based on what you can come up with to say that
 might have some relationship to my life. Talking about your
 subjective experiences and expecting people to be as fasc-
 inated by them as you were (and obviously still are) is
 just not gonna cut it. I'd rather read people swapping
 good recipes for lemon meringue pie."

 "Are we clear? I have nothing against you. I'm not looking
 to "knock you down." I'm just bored by some of your raps,
 that's all. They have no relevance to my life. And I some-
 times get the feeling that you don't CARE whether what you
 say has any relevance to my life, or anyone else's. You
 give the impression of someone writing with the expectation
 that others will find his subjective, inner life fascinating,
 just because he finds it fascinating."

 "Some might. Many New Agers or long-term TMers might. I'm
 neither one of those. I'm just a guy who likes to jackpot
 ideas around for the fun of it, with other people who like
 the same thing. What I write on this forum is my OPINION,
 nothing more. I try my best to never claim that this opinion
 is either fact, or that anyone else should share it."

 "You give the impression of someone who is convinced that
 his subjective view of the world and how it works is more
 than opinion. Good luck finding people who might agree with
 you about this. You haven't found one in me."

That seems pretty straightforward to me.