 From: nablusoss1008 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:18 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Meditators

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > In other words he's raving mad.
> >
> > As much as I appreciated the fellows sensitivity, graciousness
> > and ability to write poetically something obviously went very
> > wrong. To me it seemed he was trying to force Maharishi into
> > acknowledge his enlightenment, which I personally don't think
> > was a very wise thing to do.
>
> That's exactly what he did, but it was back in *1983*, and
> he realizes now it wasn't a very wise thing to do. On the
> other hand, at the time he had reason to believe that
> Maharishi supported him totallly, and he was flabbergasted
> and distressed by Maharishi's response to his demand that
> Maharishi certify his enlightenment, which was recorded and
> played in court when MIU sued him. Again, he's described
> all this in his posts.
>
> > Someone here, Dr.D ?, suggested he should have waited for
> > awhile, stopped and see how things develop, which would have
> > been a wise thing to do. Instead he rushed away proclaiming
> > all kinds of stuff to people hungry for someone to talk to.
>
> That's yet another absurd characterization. He didn't "rush
> away." He stayed for the rest of the course he was on and
> then went home. There was no way he could keep it a secret
> that he had become enlightened; Maharishi had asked him to
> talk about it to the course participants, and of course the
> word got around.

There you have it. The "word got around" because they couldn't keep their big
mouths shut. I feel sorry for Maharishi having to deal with all these nitwits,
these hard knots of ignorance, including myself :-)
What an impossible task he took upon himself, still he managed to pull it
through with the support of the Masters of the Holy Tradition.

This quote is from 1983, after the events you are referring to. But somehow I
doubt these course participant nor Robin would be able to grasp it's
significance. I also had to learn this lesson the hard way:

"Matters of Divine significance have to be kept private, in order to fructify"
- Maharishi (from notes)