> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:

> > > That's exactly what he did, but it was back in *1983*, and
> > > he realizes now it wasn't a very wise thing to do. On the
> > > other hand, at the time he had reason to believe that
> > > Maharishi supported him totallly, and he was flabbergasted
> > > and distressed by Maharishi's response to his demand that
> > > Maharishi certify his enlightenment, which was recorded and
> > > played in court when MIU sued him. Again, he's described
> > > all this in his posts.

> > > That's yet another absurd characterization. He didn't "rush
> > > away." He stayed for the rest of the course he was on and
> > > then went home. There was no way he could keep it a secret
> > > that he had become enlightened; Maharishi had asked him to
> > > talk about it to the course participants, and of course the
> > > word got around.
> >
> > There you have it. The "word got around" because they
> > couldn't keep their big mouths shut. I feel sorry for
> > Maharishi having to deal with all these nitwits, these
> > hard knots of ignorance, including myself :-)
>
> Seems to me he coulda told Robin and the rest of the CPs
> to keep their big mouths shut if he wanted to keep it
> quiet.
>
> > What an impossible task he took upon himself, still he
> > managed to pull it through with the support of the Masters
> > of the Holy Tradition.
> >
> > This quote is from 1983, after the events you are referring
> > to.
>
> Which quote? Your Maharishi quote below?
>
> > But somehow I doubt these course participant nor Robin
> > would be able to grasp it's significance. I also had to
> > learn this lesson the hard way:
> >
> > "Matters of Divine significance have to be kept private, in
> > order to fructify" - Maharishi (from notes)
>
> Hard to tell which "matters" he was referring to without
> any context. It doesn't appear that he could have been
> referring to Robin, since he never told Robin to keep it
> private.
>
> Unless he said this after the MIU mess, having realized
> it was a *mistake* not to have told Robin to keep it
> private, and to have had him describe his experience of
> Unity to the course participants.
>
> If that was the case, why didn't the Masters of the Holy
> Tradition give him that guidance when he needed it? Why
> didn't he give *Robin* that guidance when he needed it?
>
> I think you may have put yourself into a box you can't
> get out of, Nabby.

Oh'yes, and it's quite cosy in here too :-)

Robin was one of thousands of CP's at the time, he wasn't as important to
Maharishi as you seem to think.  Why should the quote have anything to do with
Robin ? He said it many many times, before and after 1983, but if you think he
didn't have anything better to do than to repeat himself to every course every
time you are mistaken. It's one of those things one should be alert to, if you
were not, well then you simply wasn't alert or didn't pay attention, or worse;
didn't want to pay attention because it suited your ego better to blabla about
"divine matters" to make you feel important.

Regarding why the Holy Tradition didn't instruct Robin what to do; why don't
you innoscently ask Them yourself ? Or ask Maharishi, he is available too.