Re "And people on this forum have called me names for living in a polyamorous
household.":
 Polyamory? Ah! I see you are a worthy disciple of Maharishi and are determined
to follow the master's example on how to order your love life . . . :-)

 I'm curious though: what happens if one of the ladies becomes pregnant? What's
the game plan then?

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
Share Long wrote:

 > 3 people in this situation that I know best are all married.

 And people on this forum have called me names
 for living in a polyamorous household.

 :-)

 > ________________________________
 > From: "s3raphita@..." s3raphita@...

 > Re "But I am in awe of people who are doing TMSP for 7 1/2 hours per
 day. And have been doing so for 7 years!":
 > 7 1/2 hours per day! They've moved on from being householders and are
 well on their way to being recluses by the sound of it!

 > ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 > fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com
 wrote:

 > Uh oh, now I'm in trouble! Seraphita, I'm retired and I live in a
 small rural town. So I have time for all this. My power naps are like 10
 minutes and only if I've had insomnia the night before, so not every
 day. My asanas don't take very long, nor does my pranayama. I prefer
 activity to sitting so my whole TMSP is about the minimum. But I am in
 awe of people who are doing TMSP for 7 1/2 hours per day. And have been
 doing so for 7 years!
 > Spiritual warriors IMHO!
 >
 > ________________________________

 to see research that indicates that the nap was contributing to whole
 brain enlivening and coherence, not just to feeling refreshed.":
 > Yes indeed.Â
 > How do you find time to fit in two meditation sessions a day AND power
 naps? (And are you also yoga-stretching, pranayama-ing and butt-bouncing
 ever day?)Â

 > ---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com,
 > sharelong60@ wrote:
 >
 > Seraphita, I like power naps. But before I substitute TM with a nap,
 I'd want to see research that indicates that the nap was contributing to
 whole brain enlivening and coherence, not just to feeling refreshed,
 though that is a good thing too. And I mean whole brain enlivening and
 coherence as indicated by an fMRI or EEG not just subjective report.

 > ________________________________

 occurrence of deep sleep or slow-wave sleep, intended to quickly
 revitalize the subject.Â
 > Various durations are recommended for power naps, which are very short
 compared to regular sleep. The short duration of a power nap is designed
 to prevent nappers from sleeping so long that they enter a normal sleep
 cycle without being able to complete it. Going beyond sleep stages I
 and IIÂ but failing to complete a full sleep cycle, can result in a
 phenomenon known as sleep inertia, where one feels groggy, disoriented,
 and even more sleepy than before beginning the nap. Brief naps
 (10â€"15 minutes) can improve alertness directly after awakening.
 > Scientific experiments and anecdotal evidence suggest that an average
 power nap duration of around 30 minutes is most effective. Any more
 time, and the body enters into its usual sleep cycle. People who
 regularly take power naps may develop a good idea of what duration works
 best for them, as well as what tools, environment, position, and
 associated factors help induce the best results. Mitsuo Hayashi and
 Tadao Hori have demonstrated that a nap improves mental performance
 even after a full night's sleep.
 > Power naps of less than 30 minutesâ€"even those as brief as 6 and
 10 minutesâ€"restore wakefulness and promote performance and
 learning.Â