Especially when we have some VERY GOOD Thai restaurants in the SF Bay Area. And I think a lot of Thai restaurants seem to use family recipes so you can have a little difference between places.

I found Indian restaurant so-so in Fairfield and I also ate at a California style pasta restaurant which indeed reminded me of many of the pasta restaurants around here.... except for the ones run by expatriate Italians. We have one really good Trattoria about 2 miles from here that I like to take out-of-town folks to.