> So far you haven't done anything but confirm my opinion of
> Texas and those who dwell there.

You have to admit it's kind of fun to poke people in the eye with where they live. Good work!

On 10/21/2013 8:50 AM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com wrote:

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

Yeah, you really poked the Fairfield vegie health nut cultist TMers in the eye with that story about eating the pigs and hog skins where you're from. Good work!

But, everyone knows they raise lots of hogs in North Carolina and up there in Iowa. And, everyone knows they eat cow heads down in San Antonio. So what?

The only question is, do you eat GM hogs? LoL!

Richard, you're such a goink. You laugh at the stupidest self-made 'jokes'. Talk about a waste of band width or whatever it is you're concerned with. So far you haven't done anything but confirm my opinion of Texas and those who dwell there.

    On 10/19/2013 3:46 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:

that was great Doc! and in my opinion this quote "If I were forced to explain their longevity, I would have to say that I believe they remain in business primarily because of the cult school up the road" is what most of the world thinks of MUM and the Movement.

Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Places to Live That Suck
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 7:48 PM

"Mango D." - LOL

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

OMG, this is
hilarious!  Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  Thank you
Doc.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I decided to check out the FF
food scene, using Yelp. This set of reviews is hilarious:

Thai Deli

120 West
Broadway

Fairfield, IA

Review from Mango D.,

Las Vegas, NV

9/16/2006

5.0 star
rating

This stuff is like crack when
we come to town. Make sure
you come in when it is fresh. (After dome is good) We cant
get enough of the
creamy coconut potato dish. And the tofu and squash dish as
well. They both go
great mixed with the fried rice. The noodles are good
sparingly when super
fresh.

I cannot find anything like
this in California. Sigh...
Fairfield, must you taunt me so!

Review from Nicholas
J.

San Francisco,
CA

1/12/2010

1.0 star rating.

The reason you'll never
find a Thai restaurant like this
in California is because you can usually find actual Thai
people voluntarily
living in the coastal regions of the country, and very few
of them are likely
to express an interest in consuming the watered-down
Grandy's buffet slop this
dismal little cafeteria tries to pass off as an exotic Asian
experience. If I
were forced to explain their longevity, I would have to say
that I believe they
remain in business primarily because of the cult school up
the road--an
institution which seems to supply them with a steady stream
of stoned Dave
Matthews fans, all of whom would be lucky to successfully
locate Thailand on a
map after hyperventilating through the magic levitation
classes their hippie
parents pay for just because John Lennon told them to in a
dream.

Review from Max
S.

Fairfield, IA

5/24/2009

2.0 star
rating

It's dirt cheap but man
does the food blow.

Review from Will
M.

Seattle, WA

7/23/2010

1.0 star
rating

They nickname this place
"Thai Smelly".  It's small
town Midwest buffet meets new age
crowd.  Absolutely awful food.
It's dirt cheap for a reason.
I mean honestly, I don't know how this place
survives - I wouldn't eat here if it was
free.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> <mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Richard
first mentioned the food deserts concept on Tuesday. It took
you until today, Saturday, to decide that Fairfield was a
food oasis?
It's
funny, because even though I don't live in Fairfield, it
would have taken me about two seconds to figure out it was a
food oasis.
Share
wrote:
> Richard, I've
been thinking about this concept of food deserts since you
first> posted it. I think we have an
oasis here in FF! I could definitely walk to
our> local health food store though
it would take about 15 to 20 minutes. There
is> another one on campus just
outside the women's Dome so that's also
a> possibility. We have a locally
owned convenience store/gas station,
Logli's> and Iowa has a chain of them
called Kum N Go. Oh and Farmers Market> twice a week so
people can buy fresh, buy local. Yay Fairfield!