Share,

 I believe it would take another Vatican Council to consider the question of
priesthood for women.  This council will only happen if the entire church
leadership perceives that women can fill the priestly duties that are needed in
the parishes.  If the supply of quality men who want to be priests dwindles,
the church leaders will have to consider accepting women as priests.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <sharelong60@...> wrote:

 John, it's about time! As for the Catholic Church, I wonder who would protest
more, the clergy in power or the conservative laity, including nuns.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote:

 This appears to be the trend among Protestant Christian churches.  But one
wonders if the Catholic Church would ever accept women as priests.

http://news.yahoo.com/church-england-paves-way-women-bishops-2014-142619228.html

http://news.yahoo.com/church-england-paves-way-women-bishops-2014-142619228.html