--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> Share,
>
>  I believe it would take another Vatican Council to consider the
question of priesthood for women.  This council will only happen if the
entire church leadership perceives that women can fill the priestly
duties that are needed in the parishes.  If the supply of quality men
who want to be priests dwindles, the church leaders will have to
consider accepting women as priests.

I will merely interject an interesting (at least to me) point of
history. The Albigensian Crusade, more aptly named The Systematic
Extermination Of A Competing Christian Sect We're Going To Call
'Heretics' Because It Sounds Better Than 'We're Afraid Of Them', is
blamed by the majority of historians on the Cathars' rejection of
certain fundamental ideas of Roman dogma. They believed -- and practiced
-- 'heresy'. A more real reason is that the Cathar religion was growing
by leaps and bounds in the areas of Europe in which it had arisen, at a
time when many people were leaving the Roman Church and its coffers were
dwindling. Can't have that. So they called the Cathars 'heretics' and
eliminated the competition.

But one of the minor points of dogma that probably frightened the Roman
Church the most was that the Cathars exemplified almost total parity
between men and women. Women were allowed to hold property in their own
names, in the 1200s, in what is now the south of France. That didn't
happen officially in what is now France until De Gaulle.

Worse, the Cathar priesthood was open equally to men and women. There
were equal numbers of men and women priests. Really, really, really
can't have that. Just sayin'...

> ---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, sharelong60@ wrote:
>
>  John, it's about time! As for the Catholic Church, I wonder who would
protest more, the clergy in power or the conservative laity, including
nuns.

>  ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, jr_esq@ wrote:
>
>  This appears to be the trend among Protestant Christian churches.
But one wonders if the Catholic Church would ever accept women as
priests.

http://news.yahoo.com/church-england-paves-way-women-bishops-2014-142619\
228.html