---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 My dad was a force of nature - exceptionally kind and gentle, always up for a
party, and exploring the ends of the earth. I'll never equal his
accomplishments, but I am having a great time, trying to!

 Good for you. My father was a force of nature also. His accomplishments were
many and significant. He is an inspiration to me also but perhaps his greatest
gift to me was imparting a kind of strength and refusal to ever be classed as a
second class citizen for reasons of gender. He knew how to fight and he knew
how to surrender. Watching him eventually die and witnessing the manner in
which he conducted himself throughout all of that was maybe one of the most
inspirational and empowering things I have witnessed. There is a perfect way to
die and he discovered it.