Now wait a second.  What you are saying has nothing to do with whether he is
fasting or not, at least as I  understand it. And forget for a moment his other
comments, as they seem to have no bearing on what you are saying above.

 It seems that you are rendering a pretty harsh judgement simply because he
happens to be against gay marriage.

 I mean, there are probably a lot of good people who are against gay marriage,
and I am not sure I would lay that kind of trip on them.

 On the other hand, maybe this issue just carries that much weight for you.