Ann, it's an interesting topic: what constitutes initiating violence against
another? With this wording I'm excluding violence that a person uses to defend
themselves or their loved ones. So again, what constitutes initiating violence
or harm against another? Does it encompass only physical harm? Can
psychological harm be included? I think as people deal with cyberbullying,
these kind of issues will receive more attention.

What also comes to mind is the whole issue of secondary cigarette smoke. Many
places outlaw that now.  Maybe because there's proof that it harms others
physically. Same with loud noises, for example, around hospitals often there's
a law against loud noises.

Ann, I think your ideas about this are very compassionate and evolved. I also
think it opens up the possibility of abuse and censorship.
 I doubt that everyone will agree on what constitutes initiating violence
against another that does not include actual physical harm. But I think as
humans evolve, we'll find some way to treat people compassionately and deal
with their wrong doing in a way that protects society while treating the wrong
doer justly but humanely.

On Monday, January 6, 2014 8:19 PM, "awoelfleba...@yahoo.com"