Bhairitu wrote:

 'There's that old saw: "before enlightenment you chop wood and carry water and
after enlightenment you copy wood and carry water."'

 'I find it interesting to watch the world falling apart.  Our old systems no
longer work and the unenlightened materialistic elite are trying to hold on to
these antiquated systems.  Time for them to move over and get out of the way
since they are a real drag on society.  Certainly having a quiet platform of
silence helps to observe these apocalyptic events and even laugh them off (or
laugh at the perpetrators).  I find that some of the political forums I'm on
the posters really get hung up in the minutia missing the forest for the trees.
 Folks here, not so much.  That in itself is a sign of evolution.'

 I am finding that I no longer seek spiritual experience, though I seek to find
ways to understand what I am experiencing, and sometimes I have a desire for
more information. Almost all my 'spiritual' experiences occured early on, in
the years before I learned TM, and in a few years following that learning. Then
things began to flatten out for long periods; in fact it often seemed like
experience was sometimes going in reverse.

 But them the realisation came that it is not the experiences that were
important in this seeking behaviour, it was the nature of experience itself and
at that juncture, the seeking stopped. I just watched a science fiction movie
on Netflix. Now I am in my office and there is a single lamp on a lampstand
pointing at the ceiling. This is the only light source in my office that is on.
Just light shining on the wall and ceiling, not very interesting as the plot of
a movie, but it is just as fascinating as the movie. This seems to be simply
because it is the nature of experience itself, it exists, it changes. It is a
beautifully strange, unlocated silence that strings together these ordinary
pearls of life. There is no longer any sense at all that there is something
beyond this.

 In the beginning I imagined, based on what others told me, that spiritual life
was transcendental, beyond the normal sphere of living. But as time has passed,
that no longer holds. What I called transcendent in the beginning has become
immanence, it is no longer something out of sight or mind. 'Transcendence' now
sounds ludicrous and bizarre. It was, for a time a useful fiction, but it no
longer means anything at all.

 If I am meditating or looking at the stack of fuel meter tickets on my desk
(it has been uncommonly cold here this winter), it is pretty much the same
thing. It was not the specific content that was going on that I was seeking all
those years, it was just the plain fact that something was going on. It took
decades to finally get this. All that intellectual filigree and nit picking
about spiritual concepts and how this related to that was all a smoke screen
for something much more obvious, that existence is, and that is that. End of
question.

 Trying to describe this quality of experience is challenging because there is
nothing extraordinary about it, and this is my second best shot at it. I wrote
and hit enter, and the cursor was probably out of the box, and Neo trashed the
whole thing I wrote. So this is an attempt to reclaim a previous inspiration,
and it is like reheated food. A certain amount of caustion. I am going to cut
and paste this into Neo from a text editor.

 I really do not have spiritual experiences any more. It's not boring, but for
someone who is still looking for them, it might seem to be a rather austere way
to experience life. If I feel tired, I am tired, sometimes I am blissful, and
sometimes not. I am not looking to be happy or avoid happiness. I am not
looking to be sad or avoid sadness. If it comes that way, that is what I
experience. It is a peculiar quality to not anticipate things much at all.
United States Federal and local state taxes are do, so I do have to think about
future events, a certain amount of planning is required to get through a year,
and then another year. But its not frantic, though I can imagine scenarios that
could be frantic, such as economic collapse etc.

 As for chopping wood and carrying water, it's easier now. An electric pump
brings water into the house, and there is some wood in the garage, but someone
else chopped it (probably with a machine). So I just have to turn on the
faucet, but I do have to carry wood into the house, but it is for ambience, the
oil boiler does the real job of heating.

 Now it's time for me to sit quietly and do nothing, which I do from time to
time. Formal quiet time, on my own schedule, not at someone else's urging. I am
not coordinating with anyone (I am ignoring Buck, that is to say).