> > > Well you are just "sitting" in for the "Real" Unc, so your
points
> > > don't count -- and are like a candle in a windless place. Dim.
> >
> > Dim, bright...there you go with the "measurement" thang
> > again.  Isn't it enough to be an emitter of light rather
> > than darkness?  :-)
>
> Darkness emittor? How did you find out about that? You must be
> from the dark side as well, brother.

There was an electronics catalog a while back that
used to list bogus items for sale, just to see if
anyone was stupid enough to order them.  One of the
items offered for sale was DEDs (Darkness Emitting
Diodes).  They also listed WOM (Write Only Memory)
chips.  Amazingly, they got lots of customers trying
to order them.  :-)

> Actually, to be serious for a second (its hard), I am "using" the
> scale thing NOT to measure and compare, but rather to get away from
> that and provide a map, as a visual tool, to indicate that thre is
> huge diversity of human and spiritual growth -- and claims of
> superiority (often implicit) are bogus.
>
> Its a model / view that says "you are emitting light? GREAT!"
>
> Its a model to get away from claims that any one dimensionality
> "measures" of growth" are the end all and be all, such as: "I
> find no 'I' therefore I guess this is IT. "

Cool, I guess.  I just find that I'm less and less
interested in models or in concepts of 'progress'
these days.  Every day is such an adventure that
there's very little time left to wonder what's
next.  About the only thing I'm fairly sure about
is that something *will* be 'next.'  :-)

Like Vaj (if I understood him correctly), I see
no end to the evolutionary process.  IMO, we might
as well just kick back and enjoy the journey,
because we're going to be on it for a long time.