> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > wrote:
> > > <snip>
> from the
> there
> power of

> suggest
> > >
> > > I have no idea what you're talking about when you
> > > refer to "multiple models."  I never said anything
> > > about multiple models.
> >
> > see adjacent post in my response to LBS.
>
> Doesn't help.

So you still hold ony one model was used?

You said it was an ARIMA model, so it was a multivariate AR
IMA model that controlled for weather and croime factor variables?

> > > You seem to say the prediction based on past trends
> > > was unnecessary; but then to what do you compare the
> > > actual crime rate during the period to determine
> > > whether and how much it's been affected?
> >
> > If it was a short term model, then crime rates would be compared
to the pre course "one month"* and the post course "one month". These
would be control periods (not necessarily good ones, but thats
another story.)

> They didn't do that because they wanted to control
> for seasonal variations.

So why did they have a pre and post period?

> > If they had the pre and post periods, why did they need the "5 year"
> > (or what ever longer term model) to estimate the crime rate without
> > intervention? They had the "control" periods, pre and post. They
> > didn't need to estimate a non-intervention period.
>
> Pre and post aren't "control" periods because they
> take place at *different times of the year*.

So they did not use pre and post periods?

> > See my adjacent post. I think the longer term model was a second
> > stage of analysis used to control for weather.

> No.  For at least the fifth time now, the weather
> protocol was decided on and announced before the
> intervention even began.

And again, it is important to you that this was announced at the
beginning of the study, why?

> > See my adjacent post. Its the only explanation that makes sense to
> > me at this point. Actually reading the study would be halpful
> > though, instead of specualation.

> Well, yes.  Your speculation is pretty much useless,
> I'm afraid.

OK, if my speculation is so off base, once and for all, please explain
analytical method of the study. Thats all I want. A single, coherent
explanation.

Was it a single multivariate ARIMA model that controlled for
weather,sesonal factors and crime factor variables, along with the ME
impact over a 3-5 year period?

What was added in the 25% second round of analysis, relative to the
first round, the 17% results?