>MMY's
> biggest mistake was, is, and always will be, the Siddhi's program!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" wrote:

Unless you happen to find the Siddhis program of personal use, of
course...

Yeah, on my siddhi course w/MMY at the end there was this clamouring
for people to receive advanced TM techniques from MMY before they
went home.  He laughed derisively at this and said, "i have just
given you the key to the universe and you want advanced techniques?"

On that course he gave these great lectures about the patanjali Yoga
Sutras and the siddhis.  Really great understanding about how you do
the siddhis in form.  In the sequence of things i am glad he came
along with this back then.
You can use the form of Patanjali to all kinds of good end with any
of the maha vedic mantras or just simple spiritual practice.   The
same kind of patanjalaic description for how you can meditate is
taught with Karunamayi also.  It is not like Patanjali is tradmarked
or MMY taught anything new.  He definitely packaged it.

As for the long decline, it was very much in his hands as he
dismantled the teaching organization back in 1977 that had become so
effective to that point.  He (MMY) made the decision to supplant the
whole thing with the chaos of the returning vedic atoms from those
early TM-siddhi 'governor training' courses (mid & late 70's).  It
was a monumental decision which was very human and all his.  I was
there and watched him do it.  It was pretty clearly a whim that was
a bad administrative choice of his.  Yes, he traded the old TMorg as
a teaching org. for a series of cash cows of what then became the
intervening years of the TMorg.  From then it really became about
real estate and profit-centers for him.  The great teacher?

Jai Guru Dev,  -Doug