there are examples in physics when one particle instantaneously affects another
at a great distance. I don't recall the name of this effect, whether it is the
Bose Einstein Condensation, or something else, but we have examples in physics,
that are roughly analogous to the ME.

 Not making any claims, just stating what physics has found.

 I wouldn't expect sal to consider that there could be some connection, until
he hears it from some authority.

 Ann, The Maharishi Effect, is not about belief. It is about a shift in
identity, from me, to us. Not in some phony way, but an actual shift, in
empathy, compassion, and even beyond that, sensing oneself, that 'finest
feeling level, we are all familiar with, strengthening that, not just for me,
but for everyone, everything, becoming a source of life giving and supporting
energy, globally. That can never be accomplished within the obvious boundaries,
of our individual minds and bodies .

 But, if we break down some of these self-imposed boundaries, of ourselves,
again, not through belief, but through integrating experience, Being, then,
this effect, of thousands of fliers (that being the sutra of greatest
integration of Being), is truly one that unites us, as a global people, and
begins to calm a rapidly changing world, in the direction of peace, and a
better world. Not through belief, but by reaching a profound, and sustainable,
Being.

 Maharishi always operated like that, from the intro lecture, on - peace begins
at home, and once that is established, go for the world. It is a very exciting
time, with every possible institution, system, leader, and big idea, under the
microscope of ubiquitous communication, encyclopedias in a thumbprint, and
everyone on the Internet. All it takes is the right momentum, at the right
time, encouragement of the other side of life, away from violence, and
exploitation.

 The genius of the Maharishi Effect, just as Maharishi accomplished with the TM
technique, is to find the combination most efficient, in terms of the program
for each individual, and their congregation, to effect world peace, in a
mechanical way. There is no need for belief, or hope -

 As the Nike ad says, "Just Do It", and the rest follows. I promise.

 I understand that it is not reliant on believe for the ME to work. I also
think that for individuals to become more in tune with the world around them
then it means that they first have to have access to what is available within
themselves -  the good stuff - then the rest will follow in terms of a macro
effect. But I am not convinced that 1% of a population meditating has
accomplished much of anything in terms of implementing/encouraging peace on a
grand scale. On the other hand, I just haven't been paying attention to any of
this since the mid 80's so I am, no doubt, out of the loop.

 No you aren't, the concept of brains affecting each other at  a distance is no
more likely or satisfactorily explained now than it was then. It isn't about
"breaking down self imposed boundaries" It's supposed to be what happens when
meditators are near other people, it doesn't matter if they don't know the
meditators are there as it is transmitted through some unexplained medium that
is apparently unmeasurable except in how it affects others.

 How can that be? If we had some evidence that it worked all we'd have to do is
work out how - which would require a complete re-write of everything we think
we know - but we don't have any decent evidence yet which is why it's goo we'll
soon have 50,000 to point at and say why isn't it working then? About. Unless
it does work in which case we'll be too happy to care.