 Ann, The Maharishi Effect, is not about belief. It is about a shift in
identity, from me, to us. Not in some phony way, but an actual shift, in
empathy, compassion, and even beyond that, sensing oneself, that 'finest
feeling level, we are all familiar with, strengthening that, not just for me,
but for everyone, everything, becoming a source of life giving and supporting
energy, globally. That can never be accomplished within the obvious boundaries,
of our individual minds and bodies .

 But, if we break down some of these self-imposed boundaries, of ourselves,
again, not through belief, but through integrating experience, Being, then,
this effect, of thousands of fliers (that being the sutra of greatest
integration of Being), is truly one that unites us, as a global people, and
begins to calm a rapidly changing world, in the direction of peace, and a
better world. Not through belief, but by reaching a profound, and sustainable,
Being.

 Maharishi always operated like that, from the intro lecture, on - peace begins
at home, and once that is established, go for the world. It is a very exciting
time, with every possible institution, system, leader, and big idea, under the
microscope of ubiquitous communication, encyclopedias in a thumbprint, and
everyone on the Internet. All it takes is the right momentum, at the right
time, encouragement of the other side of life, away from violence, and
exploitation.

 The genius of the Maharishi Effect, just as Maharishi accomplished with the TM
technique, is to find the combination most efficient, in terms of the program
for each individual, and their congregation, to effect world peace, in a
mechanical way. There is no need for belief, or hope -

 As the Nike ad says, "Just Do It", and the rest follows. I promise.

 I understand that it is not reliant on believe for the ME to work. I also
think that for individuals to become more in tune with the world around them
then it means that they first have to have access to what is available within
themselves -  the good stuff - then the rest will follow in terms of a macro
effect. But I am not convinced that 1% of a population meditating has
accomplished much of anything in terms of implementing/encouraging peace on a
grand scale. On the other hand, I just haven't been paying attention to any of
this since the mid 80's so I am, no doubt, out of the loop.