Thanks - My bandwidth up here is awful, so youtubes are more trouble than they
are worth, but it will be upgraded later today. I'll listen then -

 Same is true for a foreigner trying to sing in German. One of the worlds most
famous interpreter of Schubert's lieder is an Irishman and it sounds awful in
my ears. This is how it should sound, enjoy:
 Dietrich Fischer Dieskau Der Lindenbaum Die Winterreise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyxMMg6bxrg

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyxMMg6bxrg

 Dietrich Fischer Dieskau Der Lindenbaum Die Winterreise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyxMMg6bxrg Dietrich Fischer Dieskau Der
Lindenbaum Die Winterreise

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyxMMg6bxrg
 Preview by Yahoo

 Schubert: "Die Forelle" (Fischer-Dieskau, Moore)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9DrUXowBo

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9DrUXowBo

 Schubert: "Die Forelle" (Fischer-Dieskau,...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9DrUXowBo In answer to a request... Schubert
wrote no fewer than five versions of this song, and also based his Trout
Quintet, D667 on it. It's a charming mini-drama, ...

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9DrUXowBo
 Preview by Yahoo

 I am fascinated with English and American accents, especially when each, does
the other's. I have found that when English actors do American accents, they
are far more successful, than the reverse. My reasoning is that the English are
in general better actors, that they take the craft a bit more seriously.

 I have also read that when an American tries to sound, "English", a native of
England hears several distinct accents, from different areas of the country,
and social strata, whereas 'American' has a more homogenized accent, and may be
easier to emulate. The 17th century English accent in the sample, sounded Irish
to me.
.

 And how to read Shakespeare correctly!

 5 things you never knew about your accent - Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/11167569/british-american-accent-facts.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/11167569/british-american-accent-facts.html

 5 things you never knew about your accent - Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturenews/11167569/british-american-accent-facts.html
 Why English people sound American when they sing, and other intriguing
linguistic theories

 View on www.telegraph.co.uk